Within DIGIT-PRE, we have defined specific CHALLENGES within 5 AREAS where SMEs can apply to develop and/or improve solutions. However, there are three different ways for SMEs to apply to the open call:
- By responding to the CHALLENGES and exemplified solutions defined within the project without any changes.
- Re-frame the CHALLENGES and exemplified solutions by, for example, target one of them with a different approach.
- Propose an idea that target another health CHALLENGE than the ones defined, as long as the challenge falls within one of the chosen AREAS and meet project requirements.
For either of these options proposals will be evaluated on to which extent they address and impact the DIGIT-PRE AREAS and CHALLENGES described below.
In recent years, there has been growing recognition of the heightened challenges associated with mental illness among children and adolescents, and the problem among adults are also increasing globally. Depression, anxiety, and eating disorders are among the leading causes of disability, along with stress-related problems. However, there is much that can be done to prevent mental illness and provide support to those in need. Digital solutions are critical tools in this area, and we have identified specific areas that require innovative and robust solutions to improve and enhance mental health.
- 1.1. CHALLENGE: Early detection of signs and risk factors for mental illness among kids and adolescents
- 1.2. CHALLENGE: Treatment support for eating disorders
- 1.3. CHALLENGE: Palliative remote care
Rehabilitation is defined as “a set of interventions designed to optimize functioning and reduce disability in individuals with health conditions in interaction with their environment”. The need for rehabilitation worldwide is predicted to increase due to changes in the health and characteristics of the population.
We are seeking innovative solutions to improve and strengthen people possibility to rehabilitation and work in everyday life, supported by healthcare using remote care solutions, to maintain as good a health as possible according to their circumstances.
- 2.1. CHALLENGE: Adherence to self-care rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Disorders
- 2.2. CHALLENGE: Addressing relapse in addiction
Neurological conditions refer to a wide range of disorders that affect the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. These conditions have a significant impact on public health due to their prevalence, the degree of disability they can cause, and the associated healthcare costs.
Digital solutions have the tential to significantly improve the lives of people living with neurological conditions by providing access to information, resources, and support. By leveraging these technologies, early detection, individuals’ possibility to better manage their condition and improve their overall health and well-being is improved.
- 3.1. CHALLENGE: Improving care on post-stroke patients
- 3.2. CHALLENGE: Detection of mild cognitive impairment to prevent dementia
- 3.3 CHALLENGE: Early detection of development language disorder
Having a healthy lifestyle is essential for a long and healthy life. Healthy habits can prevent the development of chronic diseases, improve physical and mental well-being, and enhance longevity and quality of life.
Furthermore, healthy lifestyle habits can also have economic and social benefits, such as positive impacts on relationships, improved productivity and performance at work or school, and reduced healthcare costs associated with preventable diseases. Many aspects of our lives, including sleeping habits, nutrition, exercise, routines, and environments, can impact our health and overall well-being.
We are seeking digital solutions that can support individuals in their everyday lives to improve their health through good and sustainable lifestyle habits. The ideal solutions should be evidence-based, scalable, and consider factors such as usability, accessibility, and affordability to ensure widespread adoption and sustainable change.
- 4.1. CHALLENGE: Improving teenagers’ sleep quality with incentive approaches
- 4.2. CHALLENGE: Solutions for improved occupational wellbeing for office workers
- 4.3. CHALLENGE: Exergaming for people aged 60+
Ensuring the well-being and health of older adults is crucial for promoting independence, managing chronic diseases, and fostering social engagement and mental well-being.
As the aging population in Europe becomes more digitally capable, there is a pressing need for digital solutions that can support and enhance the health of older adults. DIGIT-PRE stakeholders seek innovative digital tools that can empower elderly individuals to improve and maintain their health in their daily lives. These solutions should be user-friendly, accessible, and tailored to the unique needs, capabilities, and preferences of older adults.
- 5.1. CHALLENGE: Predicting emergency care to avoid hospitalizations.
- 5.2. CHALLENGE: Preventing falls of the elderly
- 5.3. CHALLENGE: Early detection of joint replacement infections